A licensed Cosmetology Instructor, Master Hair Stylist, Image Management Specialist, Etiquette Coach, Multi-Business Owner, Author and Motivational Speaker, Vonetta Dumas Jennings specializes in helping clients create a Signature Image through customized Total Image Makeovers. Her diverse clientele includes a wide range of guests from students to diplomats and from corporate executives to celebrities.
A Cincinnati native and now a Washington, DC resident, Vonetta founded Signature Image Salon, an Aveda Concept Salon in July 2011. The salon specializes in creating a bespoke style for each guest that defines them, and radiates their essence from the inside out.
“Having a Signature Image not only adds to your confidence,” Vonetta explains, “but leaves those you encounter with a standout impression.”
In her 25 years as a beauty professional, Vonetta’s skills are unmatched. Her trademark approach caring for hair includes a treatment plan for the guest’s hair health that serves as the foundation for every hair care service. Her precise cutting skills have exacting attention to detail and her color techniques always enhance her guests’ eye and skin tones while complementing their hairstyle.
Outside her salon, Vonetta enjoys a rich and rewarding life as a business coach and leader, community advocate, and author.
– Co-author of the acclaimed self-help book Executive Etiquette Power: Top Experts Share What To Know To Advance Your Career
– Facilitated workshops and seminars for numerous businesses and conferences
– Featured beauty and makeover expert for multiple TV shows, magazines, and media organizations including Great Day Washington, Fox News and WHUR Radio
– Board member of The DC Board of Barber and Cosmetology and chair of their 12th Annual Practitioner Forum
– Signature Image Salon named Best Salon in Washington by Refinery 29 and Politics of Pretty
– Facilitating workshops and seminars for non-profit organizations including DC government-funded youth programs, BET Foundation, Jack and Jill of America Foundation and N Street Village
– Current, past president and past first vice president of D.C. Federation of Democratic Women
– Former Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner, 5D02 ANC
“My job is so rewarding,” Vonetta says. “Not only do I get to do what I love every day, but I have opportunities where I can share my expertise and give back.”